1. Keeping a Journal - This helps to know where your going and where you've been. In the past I've kept tabs in a spiral notebook on things like weight measurements and what foods I've eaten.
2. Find physical activity that I like. This can be a number of things like swimming, hiking, biking, racquet ball, tennis, roller blading, etc. When I'm not sure what I want to I just go for a walk because at least this is doing something physical.
3. When I'm hungry I drink lots of water. Water can help keep you full when your craving food.
4. Don't skip meals - This just leads to overeating in the long run. You get hungry more often and snack more often, just don't do it! Generally it's best to eat 3 small but well rounded meals per day.
5. A great tasting low fat spread can be made out of dijon mustard and low fat yogurt. It's a good substitute for a sandwich spread or on wheat toast.
6. Eat slowly and savor every bite. Sounds simple, but it's sometimes hard to do. Eating fast is not good for digestion.
7. Always have a grocery list when you go shopping and stick to it. Also, eat before you go so you're less tempted to buy excess food.
8. Try not to eat before bed time. Give yourself several hours and drink water if you're hungry. This may take some time to get used to but it should help with your weight loss. Your metabolism is slower when you sleep so you don't burn as many calories.
9. Cut out soft drinks, even diet soft drinks. There is nothing but empty calories here and some doctors say diet soda can actually make you crave food.
10. I saved the best for last because I think it's one of the most important things you can do. Use the buddy system when dieting and exercising. No, not because misery loves company, but because it's so much easier to exercise when your a pair. You can also help each other out with a little friendly weight loss competition.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment